Tips Of Writing An Opposition Essay Example
Writing an opposition essay helps one understand own opinion and those of others from opposing viewpoint. This type of essay enhances one capability in making argument over own point of view. When writing this kind of essay the energy comes from one raising an objection of your opposition. From that one tries to display his/her own opinion and how his way of seeing things is better. To make your paper look strong don’t belittle the other party instead make argument in relation to the strength of the opposition.
Factors To Consider When Writing An Opposition Essay
- Consider both viewpoints that is; yours and that of the opposition when doing research. Factor in mind that any argument there is own opinion and that of the opposition. Make notes in relation to both argument and any other subject that may arise in the discussion. Try to note the most contested matters that the argument revolves in. Make note in "for” and "against” order, which will be very helpful as you do research in library or websites.
- Your arguments will be stronger when you back them up with valid researched opinion. Try to apply in statistics and other data where necessary as you do your research from variety of sources. Be passionate about knowledge and don’t try to display any weakness by doing shallow research.
- Write an outline of your opposition essay using bullet using the notes that you have gathered "for” and "against” in the columns. These points should be for your thesis and against it. For you to see ideas in a clear manner, use a mind mapping software.
- Relate critically how your opinion matches that of opposition using the outline. Discover your weak and strong points as you eliminate those that display strong emotions. Tap the attention of the reader using verbs instead.
- As you write up your essay try to answer the opposition using point that you have already outlined. In your own opinion highlight any potential counterclaims that you think may arise as you try to answer your opposition. Incorporate those opinions in your essay and how you are going to counter respond to them.
- Finally proof read your essay to make correction on any spelling mistakes that may have arisen as you check out your grammar. You can consider involving a third party to your work that can reread it for you before you complete the final draft.