How Do You Write A Reflective Essay Introduction?
Self reflective essay is a personal opinion as the author conveys their own feelings over a certain subject matter. It may be in form of a book movie or artwork. This type of writing applies mostly in creative arts but not limited to elsewhere. We usually come across this type of writing in books or movie review. Self reflective essay do not require much research like other type of research. It aims at communicating opinion and providing reflection and experience up to conclusion. Self reflective essay do not necessary need writers to make references to support the validity of their opinion in their essay. Talk about new strengths and weaknesses in relation to the experience you have gained. Paint a picture to the reader on how you have grown morally, emotionally and physically.
Guidelines for writing a self reflective essay
- When writing self reflective essay always use first person to express your ideas. Statements like " I prefer " " my own point of view is " this will help the reader understand that you are just expressing your own opinion and not facts.
- Explain your topic in a five to ten sentence introduction paragraph. Express your own opinion in the introduction part by writing a short synopsis which is only written in the introduction.
- At the introduction write your thesis statement in one sentence. The rest of your paper should support your thesis statement while giving evidence.
- After the introduction is the body of your essay which should be about three paragraphs. Each part of your subject matter should discuss in one paragraph. Ensure that whatever content is in the body ties with your thesis statement.
- Write a recap of your essay in your conclusion highlighting major points as you avoid repeating yourself. At the conclusion express an experience that you had and you have learnt after going through. Let the reader understand your experience clearly and the impact it may have in future. Express how useful is the knowledge and experience gained will be useful in future.
When writing self reflective essay simply just express you own opinion in regard to a particular subject. You must not do research in writing this type of essay as much of the content is derived from your own thought. What majorly entails is going through the subject matter of the paper and understanding it better.