How To Write A Current Event Paper
- Comments 0
- Essay Help
- AuthorSandra W.
Guidelines On How To Write A Current Events Essay
A current events paper is a short description of an event that has recently happened or is going to happen. Junior and senior high school educators for the purpose of teaching research, writing, and editing skills often assign current events summaries.
Below are steps to help you create a current events essay:
- Choose a reputable news source. Look for a source that offers well-written and well-researched news. Choose an article that is fresh since the assignment is to write about a current event. In addition, choose an article on the correct topic and make sure that the article gives enough information.
- Prepare to write the summary by reading the entire article. Make sure that you understand what the article says since you need to write a summary of the news story. Try to recount the article after reading it in order to figure out the main idea of the article. Read the article again to ensure that you did not miss any important point. In addition, create a list of the five W’s and H which include, who, what, when, where, why and how.
- Write a summary. Set aside your article and work with your list of the five W’s and H instead. Then outline the news article by writing an outline of the article focusing on the five W’s and H. Write your topic sentence that is the main idea of the article. The topic sentence gives your reader an overview of what your summary will be about. After, build upon your introduction with information about what happened. Write a closing sentence. The last sentence of your paragraph should reiterate the main idea of the news article.
- Outline your thoughts about the article. This is your opportunity to create connections between this article and the community at large.
- Finalize your summary. Proofread your article and make sure that your reader will focus on the content of your paper, rather than superficial elements like grammar and spelling. Include a citation for the article. If your assignment requires it, include where you got your paper.