Starting A College Application Essay
College application essay is an important aspect of the application process into a school or college. Colleges have limited vacancies in the program, therefore, this is the opportunity to stand out from the crowd. Colleges receive several applications into the, thus you should convince why you are the perfect fit. Taking a wrong approach in writing your essay will cost you and admission to your dream college. When you have a compelling beginning of your essay, eventually adds value to the rest of the essay. This will add value to the whole of the application process. The following are tips that can help you start your essay that will in the long run gain you admission.
- Learn the prompt - Your essay should be original since the admission officers will not like an essay that looks recycled. Read all the prompts and understand what they require no matter how much time they may require. Write each essay to suit the questions asked.
- Use relevant examples - Use examples that are major and relevant to the essay that you are writing. The examples used should be relevant with the qualities the essay prompt wants. You can also pick many incidences showing one aspect and use them to write your essay.
- Scrutinize your examples for starting anecdotes - You should put in mind all the examples and supporting information that you will use later in your essay. Each example you use in your essay you should relate to the experience you learned from it. The example to use should be relevant to bring out the story and quality you want the admission officers to know.
- Draft your introduction - Follow the above guidelines above to write your introduction. They will help you write your introduction paragraph. In addition, you can use each of the above strategies to write your introduction. When writing you essay you should describe to the admission officers what you did. Do not tell the admission officers what you did in the experience you are narrating. That will make your personal statement to be effective.
- Shift to the rest of your essay - After you have all the facts, statistics and examples write your story focused to the essay prompt. Your essay should answer all the questions asked. By connecting all the factors in you essay, you will effectively answer the required information. This will show why you are the perfect fit for the college.